We are looking for a machine learning engineer who is passionate about cutting-edge machine vision topics
such as self-supervised learning, unsupervised domain adaptation, semantic segmentation, 3D representations,
transformer architectures, calibration, etc.
- Research, prototype and develop state-of-the-art deep learning models together with other machine
learning engineers to develop novel and innovative machine learning solutions that solve the
manufacturing problems of our clients
- Develop deployment-ready AI solutions available through our Maddox platform for our customers
- Create large, efficient and automated data processing and machine learning pipelines that scale across
many customers and applications
- Test and develop new ML-based product features (together with our tech and business team)
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in computer science or related technical
field, or you have equivalent practical experience
- Solid understanding of Machine Learning and Deep Learning. Ability to implement, debug, and deploy
machine learning models.
- Industry experience developing enterprise or data products
- Experience or knowledge in manufacturing industry
- End-to-end experience of developing computer vision applications from scratch and continuously
improving at production
- Experience with deploying machine learning applications on embedded devices
Note that preferred qualifications are just that: preferred. None of us started out with all boxes ticked. If some
of these points apply to you, we definitely want to talk.
We work in flat hierarchies, value direct communication, learn a lot as a team and make important decisions
together. At Layer7 you can expect the following benefits:
- Independent work on projects in the field of artificial intelligence / Industry 4.0
- Flat hierarchies, a growth perspective and very good development opportunities
- A dynamic and motivated team with great colleagues (with experience from BCG, IBM, SAP, Cyber
- The possibility to work flexibly in Berlin, Tübingen or remotely
- Regular team event
Our product, Maddox AI, is an AI-based visual quality control solution, which can automate manually
performed quality inspection for manufacturing companies. Maddox AI is an asset-light SaaS solution, which
addresses those visual inspection tasks that are still performed manually, as conventional (=rule-based)
computer vision methods fail. In product development, we closely collaborate with leading AI researchers from
the Cyber Valley. Prof. Dr. Matthias Bethge, Prof. Dr. Alexander Ecker and Dr. Wieland Brendel have been
researching in the field of machine learning and computer vision for years and are part of our founding team.
Maddox AI is used by DAX-30 companies as well as by large medium-sized enterprises. Our team consists of
scientists, former strategy consultants, mechanical engineers, and software developers. We know that Layer7's
success is only made possible by our unique team. As we continue to grow, we want to convince the best and
brightest minds of our mission to establish Maddox as the modern quality management platform.